Manicures and Holiday Candy

My workout at home yesterday was far from challenging; I ran a mile on the treadmill then attempted several other simple exercises, but I was just not in the mood. So, I quit. There are times when a workout is challenging and I am able to push through it, but I hardly ever am able to complete a full workout when I’m unmotivated.

Knowing that a change of scenery always helps to re-energize my workouts, I went to the gym this morning. I warmed up by first running a mile on the treadmill, then used free weights and various machines for an arm workout. I ran another mile by doing intervals on the treadmill before finishing up.

After coming home, my younger sister Ali and I picked up her friend, Laura. The three of us went to the nail salon together to get manicures. The last time I had my nails painted, I got a shellac gel manicure, so I desperately needed to have them soak it off. I forget what it is called, but I chose a purplish color for today’s manicure.

purple manicure

Once our nails were dry, we went to a nearby grocery store to see if they had peppermint Tootsie Roll pops. They are a favorite among my family, but they are extremely hard to find. Along with the lollipops, I also found several different kinds of holiday-appropriate candies.

christmas candy

That would be $20 worth of candy. I have a habit of buying way too many sugary treats at once, but I promise these are all going to be used as stocking stuffers.

We dropped Laura off at her house, then went to a few more places in search of some fun holiday decorations. We were hungry by the time we finished running our errands, so we couldn’t help stopping at Chick-fil-A. We were truly craving a milkshake, but ended up also buying a chicken sandwich since we had a coupon.

peppermint-milkshake01

The peppermint chocolate chip milkshake is so good—peppermint and chocolate is one of my all-time favorite combinations!

We only have a few decorations up around the house, so it’s time to cover the house in red and green!

wreath

What do you do when you are in the middle of a workout and still unmotivated?

Do you like the peppermint and chocolate combination?

Have you decorated for the holidays yet?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Manicures and Holiday Candy

1. Pamela says:

I just got a shellac manicure for the first time! I wanted a fun, festive color for graduation weekend! I love peppermint and chocolate. I can’t stop eating those peppermint Luna bars!

2. Ahh I looove the color on your nails!

And I am so obsessed with all your holiday fun. I can’t wait to be done with school so I can throw myself into the holidays :)

3. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it!

Peppermint milkshakes from chic fil a are AMAZING..ahh, now I’m craving one!

4. It look like you had a great day! I haven’t did any christmas decorating yet since I still have exams coming up, but I can’t wait to get home and decorate!

I honestly don’t like peppermint things at all, which is the opposite for my boyfriend. He loves it! I bet he would totally love that milkshake!

Enjoy your weekend! :)

5. blogitness says:

That peppermint milkshake looks amazing! For some reason, I only enjoy peppermint during the holidays. Otherwise, I don’t want much to do with it!

6. Shellac manicures are the best! I love having my nails painted, but hate how it always chips; Shellac changed my life! haha Ok, maybe that’s a little dramatic, but I DO love it!

7. My mom gave me a bad of peppermint Tootsie Roll Pops for my birthday a few weeks back! They were the first ones of the season. SCORE!!! :) I can’t believe someone loves them as much as I do…. I ‘m going to have to whip up some sort of milkshake in that fashion sooooooon!

8. I have never had a peppermint tootsie pop…CLEARLY I am missing out–I love the regular ones, so I am sure the candy cane ones would be even better!

Also, that milkshake looks AMAZING. I love peppermint ice cream–but it MUST be pink. I think it tastes better. :)

9. Peppermint Tootsie Pops!?!?! This could change my life! So glad I found your blog! And your manicure makes me soooo jealous but i love that color!

10. there are seriously no chick fil a’s in NJ and it makes me sooo sad. i need to try that milkshake!

i also have a tendency of buying too much candy. its addictive!

11. Love your nails!!! What’s the name of that color?!

I had no idea Chick-Fil-A has peppermint milkshakes! How did I not know this?! I have to get one – stat!

12. esmemerrie says:

mmm I threw some cocoa and peppermint extract into my shake tonight! so delightful! I love that nail polish colour :)

13. lizzyj1305 says:

I am sitting here chugging my Peppermint Mocha LOVING this post! :) I think about how good it feels to work hard, and that usually keeps me pounding away during my workout. YESSSS holiday candy…I know where I’m stopping on my way home from work! ;)
    thanks for all your wonderful comments! xoxo!

14. Hahaha I’m loving all that candy ;) Hey, if they’re hard to find, you’ve gotta stock up!!!

15. Katrina S. says:

You do realize how bad those milkshakes are? How can you say you live a healthy lifestyle – your lifestyle is consisted of shopping and acting like the brat we all know you are. Maybe you should stop with the whole “fitness and healthy lifestyle” bit since its obviously not working for you. My advice – take yourself off of the internet, get a nosejob and do us all a favor

• Yes, I’m fully aware that they are quite calorie-dense, which is why my sister and I shared a small one. In my opinion, living a healthy lifestyle means balance–I strive to fuel my body with proper nutrition, but I also enjoy foods that provide very little nutritional value on occasion. Long-term deprivation is not healthy; I do not have any health issues, so there is nothing wrong with enjoying something as caloric as a milkshake in moderation.

How does shopping and “acting like a brat” take away from a healthy lifestyle? Are only certain people entitled to this kind of lifestyle? Shopping is a hobby, just like anything else. I don’t mind that you expressed your [anonymous, unsolicited] thoughts and opinions, but it seems like you are making quite a few assumptions. What is the basis of your conclusions–what makes me a brat? I don’t see how that has any relevance or how it interferes with my ability to lead this particular lifestyle.

You can have your opinion, but you certainly will not dictate any aspect of my life. I am proud of the fact that my lifestyle, my appearance, and my personal characteristics are reflective of my diverse cultural background.

16. Josie says:

Loving the candy stash!

When I am struggling with a workout, I switch up the machines or just do really tiny bursts. Like 10 mins, then go get some water, then 15 minutes, then go get a magazine or something.

But also sometimes you just gotta know when its not your day, and go home and chill. come back tomorrow!

I don’t love peppermint, but the peppermint bark at williams sonoma is delicious!

17. That peppermint chocolate chip milkshake sounds amazing! :)

18. If during the middle of a workout I’m still unmotivated, I usually quit and come back another time. I mean, if it’s not working, it’s just not working, ya know?

And YES! I love the peppermint chocolate combo!

Share your thoughts!