Over the past few weeks, I’ve put together several style guides for Girls’ Life magazine, but I haven’t created any based on my personal preferences in a while. With only ten days until the official start of spring, I’m ready to replace my itchy sweaters with thin sundresses and swap the drab colors with more vibrant hues.
Though a spring break trip is not on my horizon, I’m sure that many of you are ready to escape the cold (unless of course you’re already experiencing summer-like temperatures) and head somewhere tropical.
When I’m in vacation mode, I want a look that is effortless, yet chic. Bright colors are a must—think bold pastels, not neon—along with printed pieces. To save space in the suitcase, I over-pack in the accessories department and bring lots of basics. A gauzy tunic and chunky bangles can take you from the beach to dinner, making wardrobe changes as minimal as possible.
1. Madewell Biltmore Straw Fedora, $58
2. Marc Jacobs Oversized Retro Sunglasses, $275
3. Essie Sheer Nail Polish, $8
4. J.Crew Boardwalk Tote, $50
5. Trina Turk Turks and Caicos Bikini, $170
6. Jonnie Kutra by Jack Rogers Tunic, $148
7. Havaianas Slim Flip Flops, $22
8. Kate Spade When in Rome Bangles, $128
9. Steve Madden Manngo Wedges, $80
10. J.Crew Twill Shorts, $50
Are you headed anywhere for spring break?
What do you pack when going on a beach vacation?