Feeling overwhelmed with impending deadlines, I decided to change my spring break plans and instead tackle a few homework assignments during my time off. Though I’m not on an island soaking up sunshine, I’m still having a staycation here in Baltimore (in between study breaks).
2. Bronze from head-to-toe. Snow flurries are still falling on the east coast, so recreating a just-got-back-from-St. Barths glow is necessary. My personal pick leaves my skin evenly-tanned and moisturized.
3. Download new music. I don’t download new music frequently, but I like to update my iPod before a vacation in anticipation of long plane rides and lazy afternoons on the beach. I’m anxiously awaiting the release of Justin Timberlake’s new album (available tomorrow!), and the songs will be on repeat up until his concert this summer.
4. Stay active. Workouts often get skipped during the semester, so I’m making it a point to stay active this break. A few miles on the treadmill helps me stay energized (and keeps me in shape for bikini season!).
5. Treat yourself to a pedicure. With spring just a few days away, I’ve officially rotated my collection of nail polish. Dark purples are now replaced with more vibrant hues, making me ready for flip-flops and sandals.
6. Stock up on style magazines. Over the past year, I’ve abandoned the majority of my subscriptions solely because stacks of Elle and InStyle wind up piled high on my nightstand, unread for months. Spending a morning in bed with a new issue is the equivalent of laying on soft sand with a gossip magazine.
7. Trade heels for sneakers. Between a model casting call, a black tie event, and several meetings, last week called for some of my deadliest heels. My worn-in Converses are a welcomed change while lounging at home.
8. Indulge in decadence. It wouldn’t be vacation without a little sweet treat. Nothing beats authentic gelato, but I’ll settle for Talenti’s Caribbean coconut any day.
What would you do on a staycation?